We're in love with all the new features we've released in February - we think they're sweeter than a box of chocolates. The links beside each update mean the following:
- [video] excerpts play in a new browser tab, when the feature is being discussed.
- Some features have an [article] that provides more detail.
- Most features are explained in the monthly update [blog] post.
- Lastly, some features are self-explanatory and don't need and article or video.
You can also watch the Latest Updates video from the beginning, right inside this article, by clicking on the play icon on the video image found below the list of updates.
The following updates are new to Power BI Desktop this month:
- ODBC and OLE DB connectors - support for Select related tables [blog]
- Enhanced Folder connector - support for combining binaries from the Preview dialog [video] [blog]
- Unified Text and CSV connectors [video] [blog]
- New - PowerApps Common Data Service connector [blog]
- Easily insert steps into existing queries, using the new Insert Step After option [video] [blog]
The following video describes and shows each of these updates. You can also see the video from the blog post.
NOTE: You might also be interested in learning what's new in the Power BI service, and also check out what's new in the mobile apps for Power BI.
Like learning about Power BI through videos and other engaging content? Check out the following collection of video sources and content.