Choose one of the following four:
Choose one of the following three:
Choose one the following two:
Choose one the following three:
Choose one of the following two:
Choose one the following six:
NBCCD Textile Design graduates have found employment in many areas. Graduates gain transferable skills allowing them to have careers such as:
(1) The $50 application fee is in Canadian dollars, applies to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents and is non-refundable and subject to change without notice. International applicants pay a $100 Canadian application fee. See International Students for more information.
(2) Equivalent experience is determined by the College assessing your combination of learning and experience through recognition of prior learning. If you are 21 years of age and have past experience, you may be assessed as a Mature Applicant.
The College may contact you for an interview, it is important to consider why you want to study with us and your future goals.
- We value your life experience in assessing your application, so please provide us with a copy of your resume.
- Please write a one-page letter of intent which includes your:
- For a full experience at our College, it is best to have an appreciation of the history of visual culture. Please identify a piece of art/craft/design from a particular historical period (include a picture of this work). In a one-page essay, describe the work in your own words, what is significant about this work and what it says about visual culture.
- To ensure that you are well prepared for direct entry into this program, we need to get an idea of your creative abilities. We will also be looking for your dexterity and imagination. To assess this, please provide:
If you have not had previous drawing experience, just let us know. We may adjust your program to include some basic drawing instruction.
Please don’t submit originals. Three-dimensional work should be photographed and presented digitally. For good digital image quality, your image files should be jpegs and sized around 1024 x 768px @ 72 dpi. For video clips, please post on Vimeo or YouTube and send us the link, keeping them 2 to 3 minutes each. For each image, please include a written description, a notation of the media used in producing the work and the date of completion. Be sure to label your portfolio with your name, contact information, and return address.
Once you have completed your portfolio, it can be mailed, emailed or delivered in person to:
Instructors & Technicians
Go to the Admission Requirements to start the application process. This page will also provide more details and info on where to mail your transcript of marks, cash, cheques and/or money order.